If you are looking for a trucking accident lawyer, you are likely one of the 1.5 million people are injured in accidents involving big trucks and buses in the United States each year.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has discovered a number of common causes when the driver is at fault for these trucking accidents:
- The driver fell asleep or was physically impaired for other reasons
- The driver was inattentive, distracted, or failed to observethe situation
- The driver was driving too fast, misjudged the speed of other vehicles or was following too closely
The government also studied hundreds of other associated factors and discovered the following “Top 10” reasons for truck crashes:
- Brake problems
- Traffic flow interruption (congestion, previous crash)
- Prescription drug use
- Traveling too fast for conditions
- Unfamiliarity with roadway
- Roadway problems
- Required to stop before crash (red lights, crosswalk right-of-ways)
- Over-the-counter drug use
- Inadequate surveillance
As trucking accident lawyers, we will investigate the cause of the trucking accident that led to your trucking accident. We will also compile your medical records and medical bills, and gather all information required to prove how your life was changed as a result of your injury. We will insist that the trucking company or insurance company pay your medical bills and lost wages and make up for the pain and suffering you have had to live with as a result of your accident.
Contact Kenney and Fisher for a free initial consultation.
Or call us: (802) 871-5638. We can help.